Resources for Emerging and Active Partnerships
- Download an MLP toolkit (A new toolkit will be available online in early 2014. We appreciate your patience while we are updating this resource.)
- Purchase a copy of the MLP textbook
As you set a vision with your partners about what kind of MLP you will build -- who it will serve and what the priority activities will be -- keep in mind that healthcare engagement -- the vivid participation of healthcare partners at all levels of the healthcare institution -- is the single most critical element for MLP success and sustainability.
Download a handout on MLP cost-sharing, the continuum of MLP integration between health and legal partners, and a self-assessment to see where your MLP falls on the spectrum.
- The Medical-Legal Partnership Blog answers common technical assistance questions and shares news and trends in MLP.
The MLP Update is NCMLP's twice monthly newsletter. Fill out the form below to sign-up.
- The MLP textbook, Poverty, Health and Law: Readings and Cases for Medical-Legal Partnership is the defining text on MLP.
- NCMLP's research team authored a white paper summarizing the salient literature on medical-legal partnership. This review of the evidence presents the need for legal and health services integration, describes the essential components of the MLP model as well as the process for delivering integrated services, and finally, explores the state of preliminary evidence of MLP impact on patients, providers, and communities at large.
- In a 30 minute podcast, Human Media’s David Freudberg talks to doctors across the U.S. about how legal care is improving the health of their patients and how lawyers are helping them to be better doctors.
- Our academic article library contains more than 100 articles in health, public health and law journals on the workings, impact and efficacy of medical-legal partnership.
I found out then I finally had someone who was going to help me. When I found out that they were handling it, when they were doing the talking, I was more relaxed. I could sleep better and deal with other things that were going on.
Melissa King, Chicago MLPC client